Last Updated: December 16, 2019
At Simply Medical LLC (“Simply Medical”), a business unit of McKesson Medical-Surgical (“McKesson”), we value the trust that our customers and employees place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of the Simply Medical website (“website”) about the purposes for which Simply Medical may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the Simply Medical LLC website (https://www.simplymedical.com) . Simply Medical affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, Simply Medical business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by Simply Medical that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as your shipping and billing addresses, telephone number and email address
- Sensitive personal information, such as your password and credit card number
- User behavioral information, such as your geo-location, IP address, browser type, operating system, navigation and clickstream behavior, and marketing preferences
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors and users of this website. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We may link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location to analyze trends. Your browser or other device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We use web beacons and pixel tags. Web beacons (also called single pixel gifs or web bugs) are Internet tools, such as transparent images on the website or in e-mails that we may send you, that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or an e-mail opened. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including a banner ad, may contain a pixel tag.
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
- These technologies are used to gather demographic information of our customers, identify usage trends, and track our customers’ movement through our platforms. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from companies such as Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices and opt-out, click click here .
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ''Do Not Track'' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This website is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Processing your order
- Reporting or data analytics services
- Error detection and debugging
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- Simply Medical does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as marketing and payment processing services. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Simply Medical may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Simply Medical if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Simply Medical, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Simply Medical assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this website will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by deleting cookies in your web browser or discontinue accessing the website altogether.
If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will use your email address to send marketing emails to you. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
Access to Personal Information
This website allows you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. You can also update information about you by contacting your account representative or at email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this website.
How We Protect Your Information
Simply Medical has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to Simply Medical employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
- Simply Medical LLC
- 8741 Landmark Rd., Suite 100
- Richmond, VA 23228