Elbow PM offers exceptional comfort while gently immobilizing your elbow, preventing painful movements while you sleep. It is a leading brace for nighttime relief of cubital tunnel syndrome, or pain relating to pressure on the ulnar nerve. The soft...$32.39
Elbow support offers exceptional comfort while gently immobilizing the elbow, preventing painful movements during rest and sleep.Ideal for daily activities: cubital tunnel syndrome; tennis elbow; golfer's elbow; other elbow conditions Provides...$45.99
Combines the benefits of kinesiology tape and compression in one easy to use, comfortable sleeve Embedded kinesiology tape design enhances compression and support over targeted areas Compression designed for performance and comfort Grip-track banding...As low as $26.99
MABIS® HeelBoot™ Replacement Liner can keep your current fracture boot functional and comfortable when the original liner becomes worn. The soft washable fleece liner is embedded with antimicrobial solution to fight against bacteria. This liner can be...$43.18
Posey® Heel and Elbow Protectors are designed for those requiring comfort and/or protection against abrasions from contact surfaces. This soft foam/knit sleeve easily slips on and provides comfort where it's needed most. The Knitted Heel/Elbow Protectors...$14.99
Green Drop understands the impact of muscle or joint soreness on your daily life, whether you're a professional athlete or someone with physically demanding tasks. That's why we've created products suitable for a diverse audience, providing relief and...As low as $19.99
Provides heel off loading in addition to comfort and controlling of foot drop Universally sized heel protector designed for treatment and prevention of heel pressure sores Open heel design effectively eliminates heel pressure by suspending the heel in...$81.16
McKesson's heel lift has the capability to offer three heights in one lift. It features a suede top and foam core. Simply peel layers to adjust the heel lift height from 3/8 to 1/4 to 1/8 inch. The heel lift can be used for leg length correction, pelvic...$12.05
Oversized design keeps protector in place Made from pressure-relieving standard polyfoam Secure Velcro® closure guarantees easy application$19.17
Simple, multilayer pad solves common podiatric problems, e.g. compensates for leg length discrepancies to balance hips and back.Reduces strain to ease Achilles' tendonitis pain Elevates calcaneus (a tarsal bone that in humans is the large bone of the...$17.33
McKesson's heel lift has the capability to offer three heights in one lift. It features a suede top and foam core. Simply peel layers to adjust the heel lift height from 3/8 to 1/4 to 1/8 inch. The heel lift can be used for leg length correction, pelvic...$12.19
Package Count: 8. Heels are a vulnerable area for bedsores, also known as pressure injuries. Prevalon Heel Protector II keeps the heel off the mattress to relieve pressure for individuals spending a lot of time in bed. Soft, adjustable straps position...$657.08
Heel, Elbow Braces & Supports
Heel, Elbow Braces & SupportsElbow braces are wearable medical devices that limit the movement of and provide support to the elbow joint. An elbow brace or support is a common recommendation for those recovering from an acute elbow injury or for people suffering from chronic elbow pain due to a repetitive use injury. Some athletes find that wearing elbow supports helps protect them from injury or re-injury.
Common Conditions that Might Require an Elbow BraceWhile an elbow brace might be necessary during recovery from some orthopedic surgeries, they typically are for minor injuries. Common reasons for wearing an elbow brace or support include:
- Tendonitis - This is a repetitive strain injury involving one or more of the tendons located at the elbow.
- Tennis or golfer's eblox - These are repetitive strain injuries causing pain on the outer (tennis elbow) or inner (golfer’s elbow) side of the elbow.
- Osteoarthritiss - This is a painful condition involving the breakdown of the cartilage covering the joint surfaces.
- Bursitis - Bursitis is inflammation of the fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
- Strains and sprains - These are acute injuries to the tendons (strain) or ligaments (sprain) of the joint.
- Hyperextended elbow - Hyperextension occurs when the elbow is pushed past its normal range of motion and causes the joint to become unstable.
Types of Elbow BracesThere are a variety of elbow braces available for different needs, such as:
- Compression sleeves are made of durable elastic fabric such as spandex and provide light support. They gently compress the entire joint and allow a full range of motion. Compression sleeves may be useful for arthritis pain relief, sprains and strains, or sports support to prevent injury.
- Elbow straps are adjustable and provide varying levels of support. They consist of a solid strap made of neoprene or similar material and usually have a Velcro closure. They are worn on the forearm directly below the elbow and put pressure on the tendons inside and outside the elbow. Elbow straps are appropriate for tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, and other forms of elbow tendonitis. They are commonly used for elbow support during sports, as well.
- Semi-rigid elbow braces. These consist of a sleeve that extends from the lower bicep to the upper forearm like compression sleeves. However, they are made of sturdier material. They include heavyweight adjustable straps on both ends for adjusting the level of support and extra padding and compression over the point of the elbow. This type of brace is appropriate for bursitis, hyperextended elbow, and sprains and strains.
- Hinged elbow brace. This is a rigid type of elbow brace that is hinged at the joint. It severely limits the joint’s range of motion and may be appropriate after surgery or for more severe cases of hyperextension.
Elbow and Heel SupportsAnother type of support is the elbow and heel protector. Elbow and heel protectors are available in padded sleeve form and as strap-on protective pads and can be used interchangeably. While the sleeve-type protector does provide some light support, the primary purpose is to protect the skin at the elbow from pressure sores.
Simply Medical offers many types of heel and elbow supports to fit your needs. Explore all our options and order online for convenient home delivery.